EXPOSED: NARAL Sends Radical Yet Irrelevant Candidate Survey to Board of Education Candidates
Radical pro-abortion group NARAL/Pro-Choice Maryland has sent a candidate survey to Board of Education Candidates to determine their level of support for NARAL’s radical pro-abortion agenda.
A candidate for the Board of Education shared the survey with us on the condition of anonymity.
Candidates received this e-mail from the radical pro-abortion lobby’s Campaign Treasurer:
Dear Candidate and/or Campaign Manager:
The NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland PAC is dedicated to electing the strongest pro-choice candidates to offices across Maryland. To that end, we are inviting all Board of Education candidates to complete a questionnaire to secure a 100% Pro-Choice Rating for the April 28, 2020 primary election. This rating allows campaigns to use a specialized logo from our PAC in materials and social media to convey to voters a candidate’s commitment to reproductive freedom.
The questionnaire can be accessed here. Additionally, a candidate education module has been created to assist those interested in seeking a 100% Pro-Choice Rating and to serve as a resource on state laws and policies. The module can be found here.
Members of the PAC will review your questionnaire and may contact you with any questions or concerns. Candidates who are endorsed will be contacted by telephone or email.
For consideration in the primary election, questionnaires are due back to the PAC on February 1, 2020.
If you are not already a member of NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland, please consider joining us so that we can better connect with you about issues regarding reproductive health, rights, and justice.
Thank you for your attention in this matter and good luck in your campaign!
Sarah Frostbutter, Treasurer
NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland PAC
1323 N. Calvert Street, Suite A
Baltimore, MD 21202
After some initial candidate information, NARAL gets knee-deep into bonkers radical abortion advocacy and more with questions often completely unrelated to educating students. Questions include asking the candidate’s position on Roe v. Wade, abstinence education, incorporating sexual orientation into the curriculum, free condoms, and Crisis Pregnancy Centers.
The full list of questions, as well as screen captures, are below.
The list of questions is, bluntly, absolutely disgusting. How sick is it that NARAL/Pro-Choice Maryland acts like the most important issue in public education should be free condoms and sex education? What does a candidate’s position on Roe v. Wade have anything to do with public schools? What does a candidate’s position on Crisis Pregnancy Centers have anything to do with curriculum development?
Maybe NARAL/Pro-Choice Maryland wants to make sure enough unborn children are killed so that Maryland doesn’t need to have public schools? That seems to be the only logical choice after viewing this absolutely insane series of questions.
We at Red Maryland send question surveys to candidates for the Board of Education too. But we ask, you know, relevant questions about school priorities, curriculum, the Kirwan Commission, etc. We don’t ask candidates about their position on abortion when they run for these offices.
I’m glad that we were sent this document because it does a great job of exposing the radicalized pro-abortion death cult that NARAL/Pro-Choice Maryland really is. The only purpose this survey serves is to see who takes it, what their answers are, and people of sound mind kind make the appropriate decision and vote against NARAL endorsed candidates in both the primary and general elections.
* * * * * * * * *
NARAL Board of Education Candidate Survey Questions
- In 1992, Maryland voters overwhelmingly supported Question 6 which codified Roe v. Wade in Maryland’s constitution. What is your position on Maryland’s current abortion law?
- Family life and health curriculum that includes sex education in Maryland public schools teaches abstinence plus lessons regarding contraception. What is your position on requiring sexual health education to be medically and scientifically accurate, and to include community referrals to authentic medical care providers that offer the full range of sexual and reproductive healthcare?
- Age-appropriate affirmative consent and boundaries curriculum in required health education courses in schools has been identified as an important strategy in preventing sexual assault and violence later in life. What is your position on mandating this curriculum for public school students beginning in the fifth grade?
- In some school districts, family life and health curriculum includes lessons plans about sexual and reproductive health and relationships among those who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or pansexual. What is your position on requiring the curriculum to include such lesson plans so that sexual health education is relevant to students of any gender or sexual orientation?
- In some school districts, family life and health curriculum includes lessons plans about sexual and reproductive health and relationships among those who identify as transgender or gender-fluid. What is your position on requiring the curriculum to include such lessons plans so that sexual health education is relevant to students of any gender or sexual orientation?
- What is your position on requiring that all public school-based health centers offer evidenced-based sexual and reproductive healthcare to students to help prevent unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections?
- Schools with school-based health centers have opt in or opt out provisions for students to receive sexual and reproductive healthcare. Once that opt in or opt out provision is applied granting students the right to access such care, what is your position for students to be able to receive sexual and reproductive healthcare or referrals without parental notification or consent?
- Some students do not have adequate access to menstrual hygiene products, which may lead them to missing class time and/or full school days as well as be subject to peer harassment. What is your position on installing dispensers of maxi pads in the public school bathrooms for free access?
- A Maryland criminal code currently prohibits vending machines dispensing condoms in public schools (pre-school through high school). What is your position on lifting this ban as part of a comprehensive healthcare outreach by installing vending machines in public school bathrooms to dispense free products such as maxi pads and toothbrushes, to include condoms?
- The onset of menses is occurring earlier and earlier among young people, as early as 8 or 9 years of age. What is your position on installing dispensers of size-appropriate pads in elementary public school bathrooms for free access?
- Crisis Pregnancy Centers (CPCs) are commonly run by anti-choice organizations whose goal is to convince an individual not to have an abortion or, in some cases, even to use birth control. CPCs advertise free services to those facing an unplanned pregnancy in order to get them in the door, and often give clients extremely misleading information about abortion and birth control. Maryland has almost 50 CPCs throughout the state, making them an easy accessible resource. What is your position on legislation protecting Marylanders from the deceptive and harmful tactics of anti-choice Crisis Pregnancy Centers?
- Please list examples where you have shown leadership on pro-choice issues. A pro-choice leader is someone who shows leadership and initiative to advance the reproductive health of women and girls. For candidates who have previously held elected office, please include examples such as co-sponsoring pro-choice legislation, fighting anti-choice legislation, lobbying others to take pro-choice positions for votes on legislation, etc. For other candidates, please include examples such as testifying in support of pro-choice legislation or against anti-choice legislation, volunteer activities that show a commitment to pro-choice values, published opinion pieces or blogs on reproductive choice issues, etc.