When Will Democrats Say Enough is Enough with Maya Rockeymoore Cummings?
How long is the Maryland Democratic Party going to put up with Maya Rockeymoore Cummings as their Chair?
This is a serious question, at this juncture.
The latest self-own from Cummings came in the form of accusations that her non-profit received millions in cash from organizations that had business before the U.S. House Committee on Oversight and Reform. That committee just happens to be chaired by her husband, Elijah Cummings.
Cummings denied the accusations in the Washington Examiner story to Maryland Matters. Who’s telling the truth? It’s hard to say.
Trending: I Get Letters…..
But what isn’t hard to figure out is the fact that Maya Rockeymoore Cummings has been one disaster after another for Maryland Democrats. Just this year, Rockeymoore Cummings has::
- Accused Governor Larry Hogan of being a white nationalist;
- Called Republicans “The American Taliban”;
- Worked to subvert the Legislative Black Caucus by putting her finger on the scale for Delegate Maggie McIntosh in her bid to become Speaker;
- Allowed State Party Secretary Robbie Leonard to call gun owners terrorists:
- Been silent when Democratic candidates promote hate. intolerance and fake news;
For Democrats, Rockeymoore Cummings has been one distraction after another.
Don’t get me wrong; seeing the Democratic Party still in complete disarray should make all taxpayers happy. But now that corruption allegations have been lobbed at her, you have to ask yourself how much longer Democrats will tolerate Maya Rockeymoore Cummings as their chair.