Maryland Republican Party Officer Candidates
The following individuals have filed to run for Maryland Republican Party Offices at the Fall Convention being held December 7-8:
- Dirk Haire, Anne Arundel County (incumbent)
1st Vice Chair:
- Brandon Cooper, Prince George’s County Republican Chairman
- Melanie Harris, Baltimore County, nominee for Delegate in District 12A
- Michael Higgs, Montgomery County (incumbent)
2nd Vice Chair:
- Tony Campbell, Baltimore County, 2018 nominee for U.S. Senate
- JoeyLynn Hough, Frederick County
3rd Vice Chair:
- Matt Adams, Somerset County
- Shannon Wright, Baltimore City (incumbent)
- Mark Uncapher, Montgomery County (incumbent)
- Anne White, Anne Arundel County
- Chris Rosenthal, Anne Arundel County (incumbent)
One additional candidate for 2nd Vice-Chair, former MDGOP Secretary John Wafer of Howard County submitted his late. Wafer claimed that he was unaware of the deadline due to not receiving a call to the convention since he is no longer a member of the central committee member. The Credentials Committee of the Maryland Republican Party will be deciding whether or not to accept his nomination.
I think I speak for all of Red Maryland when we say that we hope the credentials committee rejects Wafer’s application, particularly since it’s part of a long-term trend of Wafer being incapable of doing what’s asked of him. There’s plenty more about Wafer here, here, and this really sums up Wafer’s attitude here:
— Brian Griffiths (@BrianGriffiths) April 20, 2013
— Brian Griffiths (@BrianGriffiths) March 21, 2013
The credentials committee will be meeting shortly to accept or deny these nominations. I will email the full state committee the accepted nominations.
The Maryland Republican Party Convention will be December 7th and 8th at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, 7795 Arundel Mills Blvd, Hanover. Contact the State Party if you want to attend the election on Saturday, but hospitality suites are free to attend on Friday night!