The Last Ride of Captain Corruption, Martin O’Malley
Martin O’Malley, still fresh off of getting nobody to vote for him during the 2016 Presidential Primary, decided to take digital pen to paper to take cheap shots at Governor Larry Hogan.
You can peruse O’Malley’s editorial all of you want. He keeps digging around to make a capital case out of unsubstantiated rumors, facts that don’t actually connect, and Democratic fever dreams at a time in which the Democratic standard-bearer for Governor goes down in total flames.
Red Maryland, of course, was around for all eight years of the O’Malley Administration. That’s why when you do a search for “O’Malley Corruption” you come back with quite a few stories.
- The O’Malley Administration failed to properly audit state agencies;
- Martin O’Malley steered contracts to Democratic donors, which was an ongoing theme during his term;
- He considered a prison scandal on his watch as an “accomplishment”.
- O’Malley financed a hotel at taxpayer expense that costs taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars;
- We were forced to call on O’Malley to resign for his cover-up of tax evasion by a high-ranking O’Malley Administration official;
- O’Malley illegally used the Maryland State Board of Regents as a fundraising tool.
- O’Malley steered a $2.2 million land deal to a former associate.
- And don’t forget O’Malley was investigated by the state prosecutor an inappropriate sale of state furniture to the O’Malley family as he left office.
And that’s just some of what was going on during the O’Malley years. Feel free to browse our archives to find out tons more corruption and mismanagement on Martin O’Malley’s watch. During the O’Malley Years Maryland was run like a Banana Republic, making sure that the politically connected get wealthy at the expense of taxpayers.
Trending: Red Maryland Radio #413: May 23, 2019
Martin O’Malley can have a fever dream all he wants about alleged corruption that does not exist. Maybe he’s confused because the Hogan Administration has been run in an ethical manner whereas the O’Malley Administration was an ongoing series of corruption and scandals for eight years.
Either way, O’Malley’s temper tantrum is exactly that; a tantrum by a politician who is no longer politically relevant who is seeing his tarnished legacy dismantled by a popular governor who has the overwhelming support of the people of Maryland.
Voters are going to see this pathetic op-ed for what it is; the last desperate cry of a failed politician who has faded from relevance.