Red Maryland News Hour: April 29, 2016
It’s the Red Maryland News Hour for this week, bringing you the best in State politics this week.On this week’s show:
On this week’s show
- House Minority Whip Kathy Szeliga wins her primary to go against Chris Van Hollen for the Senate seat being vacated by Barbara Mikulski. We talk with her on the campaign trail, and at her Victory Party.
- We also talk with primary victors Dr. Mark Plaster, and Congressman Andy Harris.
- We get reactions to the primary from State Senator Johnny Ray Salling, Anne Arundel County Executive Steve Schuh, House Minority Leader Nic Kipke, and Maryland GOP Executive Director Joe Cluster.
- More bills were signed this week. We talk about some of them and hear from Governor Larry Hogan, Senate President Mike Miller, & Speaker Michael Busch.
- Comptroller Peter Franchot is getting flack from his party for his close working relationship with Governor Hogan. The Gov. votes against him to help him out. We have more from the Board of Public Works as they, along with Treasurer Nancy Kopp, deal with some troubling contracts.
- We talk with the guy who makes liberals across the country seething mad, Citizens United head Dave Bossie. It’s a prequel to his discussion with Brian & Greg on the Red Maryland Radio program next week.
- Governor Hogan attacks the Zika virus.
- This, plus more news.