The Five in 33
Surprisingly (at least to me) only five candidates applied to fill the State Senate vacancy created by the resignation of Janet Greenip in District 33. The candidates are:
- Tom Angelis: Baltimore City High School Teacher and Republican Candidate for County Executive in 2002 and 2006
- Dave Boschert: Former Delegate, Former County Councilman, Republican Candidate for County Executive in 2006 and Currently the Executive Director of the Maryland Classified Employees Association.
- Art Ebersberger: Insurance Broker, Member of the Anne Arundel County School Board Nominating Commission, Anne Arundel Medical Center Trustee and founder of Leadership Anne Arundel.
- James King: Current Delegate from District 33 A and owner of the Rockfish & Kaufmann’s Tavern.
- Big Ed Reilly: Current County Councilman from District 7 and Insurance Agent
I’m somewhat surprised that County Councilwoman Cathy Vitale took a pass.
A special meeting/public hearing of the Anne Arundel Central Committee will be held on Tuesday, June 2 at 6 pm in room 180 of the Lowe House Office Building in Annapolis. The committee intends to conclucde the process on the 2nd but if necessary, the conclusion of the procedure and recording the vote will occur at the regularly scheduled Central Committee meeting on Wednesday, June 3 meeting at 7 pm at 15 West Street in Annapolis.
The Committee is allowing for public comment until June 1 by US mail to the RSCCAAC, ATTN: Chairman Rzepkowski, PO Box 127, Riva, MD 21140 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending: The Air Raid: August 7, 2016
It will be interesting to see who winds up with the seat. Conventional wisdom says it’s between King and Reilly, but I have heard rumblings that Boschert may have support on the Committee as well.
Since none of the five candidates come from the small government/low tax wing of the partyI would expect that there will be a challenger from the right in the 2010 Primary regardless of who gets selected…..